Social Media

My experience as Borneo Working Mom in Peninsular Malaysia



Hello!

Today I would like to share my experience as a Borneo working mom in Semenanjung Malaysia.

I've been working in Semenanjung Malaysia for the whole of my career. I never worked at Borneo, either Sabah or Sarawak as this post is published.

I've been dreaming of working there but so far, my rezeki and expertise are more popular here.


My career background

For my whole career, I have worked in the Information and Technology field, specifically in the Software Testing field. My expertise is in Software Testing and my latest role is Test Consultant.


My career timeline

Oct 2011 - Feb 2021

I've started to work back in Oct 2011.

Before I received the offer to work here, I planned to go back to Sarawak and work there. But, I don't remember why I changed my decision. I decided to look for a job in Semenanjung Malaysia so I stayed with my sister in Johor for a few months, I haven't graduated yet but actively looking for a job. After a few months of looking for a job and never finding one, then I decided to move to KL with my cousin, Amy after I got employment training for 3 months. 

Sadly, that training needs to be cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances so I menganggur di rumah my cousin, Amy. Around September 2011, I went for a walk-in interview at Sony EMCS(M) Sdn Bhd, Bandar Baru Bangi, Selangor and thanks God, I got my first job here and I got it before my convocation. Thanks God!

I worked at Sony for 9 years and I experienced being a first-time working mom here in this company. I can say, that being a working mom in this company is great! The company provided the proper place for working moms to pump, I really appreciate this.

However, due to my mission to expand my career in Software Testing and to take care of my mental health, I decided to quit my job here and look for a better and matches my mission this time.

While I was working in this company, I met a lot of people and some of them have become my good friends. I work with various people, Malays, Chinese, Indian, Japanese, and more.

I am forever grateful because people that I worked with is very cooperative and I learned a lot here.


Apr 2021 - Feb 2024

I found a new job on Apr 2021 at Tech Mahindra Sdn Bhd(BPO: Tenaga Nasional Berhad). I worked as a contract worker. This is my first time experience being a contract worker in my life and I can say, I always feel left out with the company I worked with which is TNB. I worked with and in TNB but I'm not getting any benefits like TNB staff because I am a contract worker from another company.

After 1 year with Tech Mahindra Sdn Bhd then TNB decided to change the company so changed to TechnoMech(M)-Vantage Point Consulting Sdn Bhd. I thought it would be better but it's getting worse. This company does not provide maternity leave and no benefits like bonuses or anything, I just received my monthly salary, and I appreciate it but I know I deserve better than this so I decided to explore other opportunities out there.

I've experienced working in two different companies and I can say, I am so grateful because I can meet good people at work. Some of my coworkers became my good and close friends or I can say, we became like a family.

My accent also changed hahaha even though sometimes I slipped, terkeluar accent Sabah or Sarawak hehe

If you asked, if I ever met challenging people, yes of course.

If not, then I will be not like I am now. For me, challenging people make me learn to be resilience, learn to be stronger, improve myself everyday and just face it!

But, I am human after all, some of this kind of people, I can't stand so I decided what's the best for me. I am not tree!

I can move everywhere I want and I can do anything I want.

Post a Comment

Theme by BD