Social Media

Tips to help you succeed and thrive in the workplace



This year will be my 13 years in the work field.

These 13 years, I've been working at three different companies with various types of individuals and have experienced so many ups and downs at the workplace.

People said "Pengalaman mengajar kita", this is true!

I still remember vividly one incident at the workplace during my early day in work field, due to my lack of professionalism and communications, I can't control my face reaction over that incidents and this make that person feel kecil hati but gladly we make up after that and I said sorry for my mistake and behaviour.After this incident, I learned to be professional at workplace.

I'm definitely not a perfect employee or colleagues or team mate and I admit that I've make many mistakes and a lot of weakness but I learned from my mistakes and tried my best in everything I do and always remember to not keep do the same mistake.

For the past 13 years,I've learned many things and I summarized it in 6 categories as below:


Communication

Be Clear and Concise: Ensure your messages are easy to understand and get to the point quickly.

Listen Actively: Pay attention to your colleagues’ inputs and show that you value their opinions.

Ask Questions: Don't hesitate to seek clarification if you're unsure about something.


Professionalism

Punctuality: Always be on time for work and meetings.

Dress Appropriately: Follow your company’s dress code and maintain a neat appearance.

Stay Organized: Keep your workspace tidy and manage your time effectively.


Productivity

Prioritize Tasks: Focus on high-priority tasks first and use to-do lists or planners.

Avoid Multitasking: Concentrate on one task at a time to maintain quality and efficiency.

Take Breaks: Short breaks can help you stay focused and refreshed.


Collaboration

Be a Team Player: Work cooperatively with your colleagues and offer help when needed.

Respect Differences: Embrace diversity and be open to different perspectives and ideas.

Share Credit: Acknowledge the contributions of others in team successes.


Development

Seek Feedback: Regularly ask for feedback to understand your strengths and areas for improvement.

Learn Continuously: Stay updated with industry trends and pursue relevant training or education.

Set Goals: Establish clear professional goals and work towards achieving them.


Attitude

Stay Positive: Maintain a positive attitude, even during challenging times.

Be Adaptable: Be open to change and willing to adjust your approach when necessary.

Show Initiative: Take the lead on projects or tasks without waiting to be asked.


Conclusion

By incorporating these tips into your daily work routine, you can enhance your performance, build strong professional relationships, and create a more enjoyable and productive work environment.

I hope these will help you in your workplace.If you have an additional tips, feel free to share it in comments below.

Your working mom bestie,

Aya

Post a Comment

Theme by BD