We can also, Borneo Moms!


I just don't know why this thought always comes to my mind lately... 

It feels like I need to share this message or words with my fellow Borneo Working Moms. It's just stuck in my mind. 

Sometimes, my blog post is a random thing that pops up in my mind and sometimes I do prepare it beforehand but most of my posts are purely written on the day I publish them.

This thought came to my mind at first while I was on my way went to Women Career Convention at Bangsar South.

I went to the event alone as usual. I always go alone because most of my friends is working during weekday and they want to spend time with their family or doing their own activity on weekend. I totally understand that.

When I go alone, believe it or not, I am actually scared but I remember Erra said in one of her film, tanpa keberanian mimpi tak bermakna.

Yes, I need to be brave on my own because no one can make me brave! 

When I went to this kind of event, I met a lot of inspiring and powerful women, I felt inspired and at the same time, I secretly felt small. 

I am a girl from rural Sarawak and to come to this level or stage in my life, I am really grateful! I learned in hard and sometimes easy ways to come to this stage of my life.

Whenever I start to think small or feel like I'm small, I will cepat-cepat remind myself, don't feel that way! I can do it like everyone here. No one says I am not capable like them so I no need to let myself down.

I still remember in one of this kind of event, I met a woman that I can say, talked in English fluently and when come to my turn, I just spoke my English like I usually do and suprisely, she said wow you speak English well ☺️☺️

The key is to be confident with yourself and be brave! Never ever look down on yourself whenever you with others.

But, I want to remind you too, don't be overconfident! Learn to be humble and make people who come to know you feel comfortable and remember you!

I hope this post can make you feel inspired and determine to be a better version of yourself.

Have a great week ahead!


Your working mom bestie,

Aya


Comments

Popular Posts