My moving to Kota Kinabalu,Sabah story

Finally, I have time to write about the BIGGEST milestone in our life this year.
If you follow me on my social media, then you already know what I'm talking about.
As a committed blogger 😄, I want to share a looong story about it for my memories and for reference to my fellow Borneo people who want to move from Semenanjung to Borneo.

The biggest milestone this year is MOVING TO BORNEO!
This milestone does not exist overnight but it has been our milestone/dream after so long.
I've lived in Semenanjung Malaysia for 17 years,I studied in Perlis for 4 years  and 13 years in Selangor/KL.
I've been praying to go back to Borneo for the longest time. While praying, I applied and went for several job interviews with the company in Sarawak before but sadly, I didn't get the job. Even though I got several rejections, these rejections never make me want to give up on my dream to go back to Borneo one day. I trust God's timing. One day I definitely go home!

In 2019, I married to my Sabahan husband. I'm glad that we shared the same vision which is one day we will go back to Borneo when the right timing and when God make a way for us. While waiting, we will just obey God's plan and do our best in our lives at Semenanjung Malaysia.

Fast forward to this year, I bravely took a risk to resigned from my previous job and aimed to get a job in Borneo. I did applied and went for interview for a job in KL and Cyberjaya but my prayers every night and every morning to God, I REALLY want my next job will be at Borneo. After I resigned from my previous job, I use it as my career break and during this time, I saw there's a software testing job at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and Kuching, Sarawak. At first, I didn't believe that job would exist and the salary is what I usually get paid in KL. I thought I become delusional(khayalan tahap tinggi) and I told my husband about it and I even said, let's pray for it tonight and during Sunday service and if its still there and I will apply for it.

We've prayed for it and  I checked it again and it's still there so I started to read the job description carefully and I feel confident that my work experiences match the job description. After that,  I updated my resume accordingly and applied it on that Sunday evening!
Again, we bring this in our prayers and we hope that, biarlah rancangan Tuhan yang terjadi.

On the next Monday, I got the screening call for this job and I was informed that the interview session will be on Friday on the same week. While waiting for the interview day, we keep praying for this job whether this will be the job for me?  
On Friday, I went for the interview and thanks God the interview went well and by upcoming Monday I got the interview result, I passed the interview!!! Thank you Lord!!!! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I am happy I passed the interview but waiting for the offer letter is such a suffering moment.
Its took almost a month to get the offer letter, I even thought that this is scam 🤣🤣
But, my husband always remind me that lets patiently wait and trust God's timing. He told me, if its not for me, then its okay, we are not lose anything, we still have our house, we had our new car that we can drive to go camping and I can apply for another job in KL, don't feel so pressure. 
So, I decided to just let it be even though its really challenging.
While waiting, I had few friends that keep encourage me to wait patiently and plan for backup plan if possible so I don't feel so heartbroken if anything.

Deep inside me, I know God will work for it at His time and His time will be always right!
Indah pada waktuNya.

Earlier April 2024, finally I got the offer letter and I'm okay with it(its not a perfect offer letter) but I trust God never give anything that will harm me.
I told my husband, lets go back to Borneo!

During this waiting session, I am so grateful because I learned a lot and I surrender everything to God! 🙏🏻🙏🏻. 
Here are some photos that I able to capture during this journey. I had so many things to packing and settle hence not so many photos hahhaa








I also wanted take this chance to say a BIGGEST thank you to my dear husband, my in law's family, Pastor Suli & his wife and so many people that help and support us during my moving story. I prayed that, I can help you guys someday and if I can't, I prayed to God will always help you in your life.

Thank you very much everyone!



Comments

Popular Posts