Social Media

Tote or Backpack for Work?


What's you choice for work, working mama?  A great work tote or a backpack?

For me, I've always preferred a tote. I just think they look sleeker and more polished in general than most backpacks. 

But there are some great work backpacks out there now so let's debate.

Totes for Work TEAM:

The pros

In my mind, there are a lot of pros to totes for work.  Tote bag can expand and collapse as needed, can fit my laptop, water bottles, my work necessity and more. It's kind like big purse. 

Tote bags is classic choice if you're working mama that wanted to look nice but not too formal.

The CONS

They are not ergonomically great! Too bad.

If you're regularly schlepping a lot of stuff to and from work, you can definitely feel a little lopsided and based on my experience, I don't recommend tote bag for working mama that commute to work because it will hurt your shoulder. Unless you're driving to work, you can go for tote bag.

MY Latest Favorite Totes for Work

Click to buy

Click to buy

Click to buy

Click to buy





Backpacks for Work TEAM:

On the flip side of things, you've got the stylish backpack for work, which has really gained a lot of traction in recent years.

THE Pros

The pro here is that a backpack is ergonomically correct, and if you get a sleek one it can blend with most work outfits.

THE Cons

The con here is that (to my mind, at least) you may face some underlying assumptions about using a backpack for work, even if they aren't necessarily negative like maybe she's got back problems. I tend to also associate work backpacks with either very young women especially those who went straight through from college or grad school, women who have a long commute or women who, in general don't care about style very much. But, again these assumptions aren't necessarily negative and maybe they're particular to me.

MY  Latest Favorite Work Backpacks for Women

Click to buy

Click to buy

Click to buy

What are your thoughts, backpack or tote?
What is your preferred bag for work?

Post a Comment

Theme by BD