Social Media

Reflections on my 13 Years in the Workforce: A Journey of Growth, Lessons, and Resilience


3 October 2011 is the day I entered workforce for the first time ever.


I still remember clearly my first day at my first company I worked for,SONY EMCS (M) Sdn Bhd at Bandar Baru Bangi. I was so young that time and eagerly to work and learn at the same time. I still remember the young face of my colleagues back then, Maznee, Ijan, Ija, Kak Gogi, Kisha, Kak Salmi,Kak Huda, Miss Paw, Karen, Maggie and late Kak Wee. Arghhh... we look so young back then.


As I look back on my 13-year journey in the workforce, I am filled with a mix of emotions: pride, gratitude, and a sense of accomplishment. It has been a long road, filled with challenges, growth, and countless learning opportunities. From the early days of starting out as a fresh graduate to where I stand today, this journey has shaped who I am both personally and professionally.


The Beginning: Learning the Ropes

When I first entered the workforce, everything felt new and exciting, yet intimidating at the same time. I remember the anxiety of my first job, not knowing what to expect or how to navigate office politics. I was eager to prove myself but also made my fair share of mistakes along the way. Looking back, I realize those early years were crucial in building my foundation — teaching me the importance of patience, humility, and a willingness to learn.


The Highs and Lows

Like any long-term career journey, my experience has had its ups and downs. There were moments when I felt on top of the world, like when I received my first promotion or successfully led a major project. Those highs were incredible, boosting my confidence and reminding me why I love what I do. However, there were also times when I questioned my path, when burnout and stress threatened to derail me. It was during these tough times that I learned the most about myself — about resilience, perseverance, and the importance of finding balance.


Career Transitions and Growth

Over the past 13 years, I’ve had the opportunity to transition into different roles, each one offering a unique set of challenges and rewards. These transitions weren’t always easy, but they were necessary for my growth. Each time I stepped into a new role, I had to adapt, learn new skills, and build new relationships. It wasn’t always comfortable, but it pushed me to grow in ways I never imagined.

One of the most significant lessons I’ve learned is that career growth doesn’t always follow a straight line. Sometimes, taking a lateral move or stepping outside your comfort zone is what leads to the most meaningful growth. It’s not always about climbing the ladder — sometimes it’s about finding fulfillment in the work you do and the people you work with.


The Impact of Mentors and Colleagues

Throughout my career, I’ve been fortunate to work with incredible mentors and colleagues who have played a significant role in my development. These individuals have offered guidance, support, and sometimes tough love when I needed it most. They’ve challenged me to think critically, encouraged me to step out of my comfort zone, and reminded me of my own potential when I doubted myself. Having a strong network of mentors and peers has been one of the most valuable aspects of my career journey.


Balancing Work and Life

One of the biggest challenges I’ve faced in my 13 years is finding balance. As a working professional, it’s easy to get caught up in the hustle and grind, but over time I’ve realized that balance is key to long-term success and happiness. I’ve learned to prioritize self-care, set boundaries, and make time for the things that matter outside of work. While it’s an ongoing process, finding that balance has made me a better, more effective professional.


Lessons for the Future

As I enter the next phase of my career, I carry with me the lessons I’ve learned over the past 13 years. I’ve learned that success isn’t just about hard work — it’s about building relationships, being adaptable, and staying true to your values. It’s about knowing when to push yourself and when to take a step back to recharge.

I’ve also learned that no matter how much you achieve, there will always be new challenges ahead. But with each new challenge comes an opportunity to grow, to learn, and to become a better version of yourself.


Conclusion

Thirteen years in the workforce has been an incredible journey — one filled with highs and lows, growth and learning. It hasn’t always been easy, but it has been worth it. As I look ahead to the future, I am excited for what’s to come, knowing that the lessons I’ve learned along the way will continue to guide me.

For anyone just starting out, my advice is simple: stay curious, be resilient, and never stop learning. The journey is long, but it’s filled with endless possibilities.


Throwback photos

My first company I worked for. Thank you for accepting me as fresh graduate.





















Always missed this team

Work from home moment

My second company I worked for. Thank you for giving me opportunity to expand my career in Software Testing and accepting me during pandemic.

Always and always missed this team

I had so much photos but I can't share at here but all memories in my previous workplace always in my heart. 💜💛💚💙💗






Post a Comment

Theme by BD